Perth Amboy, NJ Cemeteries....

  • cousinjanie1004
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11, 2012
      Perth Amboy, NJ Cemeteries...

      A second cousin just e-mailed this info to me.

      Someone went through and took photographs of all the headstones at St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church Cemetery and indexed them. Also, pic's of headstones from Holy Trinity, the cemetery across the street.

      So if you ever need to look up anyone who might be in either cemetery, these two indexes should do the trick:

      St. John's:
      http://distantcousin.com/cemetery/nj/middlesex/stjohnorthodox/index.html

      Holy Trinity:
      http://distantcousin.com/Cemetery/NJ/Middlesex/HolyTrinity/
    • hmsbob@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11, 2012
        Just a hip hip hooray for whoever took the photos and set it up for us to
        appreciate. Sure it was a challenge and glad they took the precious time
        to do all the work. It would be great if all the cemeteries had someone to
        the same. My heartfelt thanks to whomever it was.

        In a message dated 7/11/2012 9:44:31 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        cousinjanie1004@... writes:

        Perth Amboy, NJ Cemeteries...

        A second cousin just e-mailed this info to me.

        Someone went through and took photographs of all the headstones at St.
        John the Baptist Orthodox Church Cemetery and indexed them. Also, pic's of
        headstones from Holy Trinity, the cemetery across the street.

        So if you ever need to look up anyone who might be in either cemetery,
        these two indexes should do the trick:

        St. John's:
        _http://distantcousin.com/cemetery/nj/middlesex/stjohnorthodox/index.html_
        (http://distantcousin.com/cemetery/nj/middlesex/stjohnorthodox/index.html)

        Holy Trinity:
        _http://distantcousin.com/Cemetery/NJ/Middlesex/HolyTrinity/_
        (http://distantcousin.com/Cemetery/NJ/Middlesex/HolyTrinity/)

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11, 2012
          Martin,
          I have been trying to help in a search in the Spis area for a person with name Petrustsak.  I had never seen such a spelling and found Directory spelling Petrus~c~ak.  Another member wrote that She had found a relatives Kovaltsik,(Kovalc~ik), written in the early 1800's.

          Most records I have found have been in Hungarian spelling, with a few in Slovak.  Can you please provide info on this peculiar spelling.

          Z Bohom,

          Vilo

        • votrubam
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 11, 2012
            > spelling Petrus~c~ak.
            > [...]
            > relatives Kovaltsik,(Kovalc~ik), written in the early 1800's.

            You're on the right track, Vilo. Spelling (Slovak, Hungarian, German... English) was not carved in stone for a long time. _ts_ is one of the past attempts to render the modern c~.

            Martin
          • William C. Wormuth
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 11, 2012
              Martin,

              Many Thanks!  My day is not wasted because I learned something.

              S Panem Bohom,

              Vilo

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 13, 2012
                I thought it was a fantastic service to provide.
                Not really sure who set it up, but I am grateful.