Fwd: modern funeral practices

  • mcl60@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2012
      When I was younger, money would be given because alot of people did not have life insurance or believe in it. They were poor and had to live modestly; so the money they did have was used to live on. Friends and family members would placed money in mass cards as an offering to help pay for funeral expense and/or the luncheon after the burial. It was done with the greatest amount of Love and Respect for the deceased. Although the amount collected did not cover much it did help a little. It doesn't happen as much today, but people still give money.

      Peggy Leva
      Philadelphia, Pa

      Searching Minar, Canik (Chanik), Papincsak, Pavlov