Re: [Slovak-World] Harsh treatment of children

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 2, 2003
      Ah, that sounds like it might. Anyone else ever hear of another kneeling substance?

      Caye

      "Paul J. Wolsko" <pwolsko@...> wrote:
      Unpopped corn works well.

      Paul

      > My cousins swear (although I never personally saw this myself) that their
      mother would get so angry she'd make them kneel on kosher salt. Caye

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Jan Lan
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 3, 2003
        At 10:57 AM 6/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:
        >On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 BJLK@... wrote:
        >

        > > There are probably as many as there are parents who can invent creative
        > > punishments. I was given wood chunks to kneel on (the kind that are
        > roughly
        > > chopped for the fireplace or furnace with lots of splinters). I'm a little
        > > surprised to see that "painful kneeling" seems to be more a common
        > experience than I
        > > ever imagined. Is this a downside of being brought up Slovak?
        > >
        > > B. J. Licko-Keel (BJLK@...)
        >
        >Sounds like a downside of being brought up Catholic. :)

        More like an attempt to assert dominance. The alpha wolf thing.

        Janko