Buskers and Beggars

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2012
      When I travelled to Europe in 79, I earned enough busking in Italy for my
      daily keep. At the time, there were no laws about that except in certain
      places in Rome. Busking in Venice was banned as I was told by a few
      musicians who were thrown out by police and wandered into my cabin on the
      train heading to Austria. Soon the 3 of us started to play and in moments,
      the corridor was filled with Italians of all sorts who were enjoying the
      free show. I was told in no uncertain terms that this was prohibitive in
      Hungary but I was approached by a beggar in Budapest.
      Is busking the same as begging in Slovakia? Has anyone seen them around?
      I'm heading there next year and even though I'm not going to busk, I'll be
      interested to know the law.

      Peter M.