Re: Translation of Latin Word mendicus

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 10, 2012
      Just hiked the Three Crowns today from Cerveny Klastor with two cousins. We were lucky and got down to enjoy a refreshing beer in Slovakia before it rained for a bit. It is a beautiful area and you should not hurry through.

      On beggars I had an experience last Monday. I was headed to the Carpatians for hiking north of Medzilaborce, starting at the Lupkow railroad tunnel. Medzi and many places seem to have little public information on arrival. I chose a rainy day to travel hoping for better weather the following days for hiking. Well, at the bus stop I had a bus in minutes headed for the border. Little did I know the long way around is by road and the short way would be to hike the railroad tracks- the route I took back to SK.

      There was a freindly piak mooch who really helped out and made sure I got off in the right direction. But that is another story. He tried to mooch cigarettes and some change, but I am not too generous with drinkers. What I did give him was well worth the advice and help he provided.

      So there are good experiences as well.

      Ron
      leaving Tuesday after about weeks in SK.