Re: [Slovak-World] Cavalry Hill

  • Kholka@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2012
      There is one in my parents' village of Predajna located in the Horehronie
      region of central Slovakia. I believe it is called Kalvarska. The Roman
      Catholic chapel at the top was in disarray during the Communist years, but
      was rebuilt in the 90's.

      In a message dated 6/4/2012 9:07:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      htcstech@... writes:

      I read an old armchair tourist guide of Slovakia where the author visited
      an east-Slovakian village that had their own 'Cavalry Hill' away from their
      church. This was where 3 crosses and an outside altar was constructed to
      celebrate mass, saint's days etc.
      As far as I know, there was no such thing in the towns and villages around
      my district of Galanta.
      I'm curious to know if anyone here knows about this and if it is just a
      Greek Catholic tradition or a cultural tradition.

      Peter M.

    • Nick
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2012
        At 08:35 PM 5/06/2012, you wrote:

        >I think you mean 'Calvary Hill'.

        >Me too

        Regards
        Nick
      • Peter M
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2012
          Oops.. My goof. I kept looking at it, thinking it was wrong and sent the post anyway. Thanks for the correction.

          Peter M.