Re: [Slovak-World] Cavalry Hill

  • Marilyn Murphy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2012
      I do, spelling not my strong suit ;)

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Kholka@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2012
        There is one in my parents' village of Predajna located in the Horehronie
        region of central Slovakia. I believe it is called Kalvarska. The Roman
        Catholic chapel at the top was in disarray during the Communist years, but
        was rebuilt in the 90's.

        In a message dated 6/4/2012 9:07:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        htcstech@... writes:

        I read an old armchair tourist guide of Slovakia where the author visited
        an east-Slovakian village that had their own 'Cavalry Hill' away from their
        church. This was where 3 crosses and an outside altar was constructed to
        celebrate mass, saint's days etc.
        As far as I know, there was no such thing in the towns and villages around
        my district of Galanta.
        I'm curious to know if anyone here knows about this and if it is just a
        Greek Catholic tradition or a cultural tradition.

        Peter M.

      • Nick
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 5, 2012
          At 08:35 PM 5/06/2012, you wrote:

          >I think you mean 'Calvary Hill'.

          >Me too

          Regards
          Nick
        • Peter M
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2012
            Oops.. My goof. I kept looking at it, thinking it was wrong and sent the post anyway. Thanks for the correction.

            Peter M.