Re: [Slovak-World] question re: name & nickname

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2012
      Well.... "Napoleon!" :-P The adjective is napoleonsky. :-D Fancy that! :-D

      PS... Call me sometime. I wanna catch up!
      Ben

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , May 4, 2012
        Sorry that I sent this public. If anyone wants to call me too, that is fine. :-D

        Wow.. I feel stupid.
        Ben

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , May 4, 2012
          It's o.k., Ben, we've all done similar things. But I'm curious--what IS the name?

          To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , May 4, 2012
            At first I read that as "call me something" as in "Hi Napoleon!"

            More seriously, an additional question: Napoleon was well received in Poland as he marched against Moscow, and he gained many volunteers who hoped to use him to win Polish and Lithuanian freedom from Moscow.

            In histories relating the disastrous Hapsburg (thus HU and SK as well) war against Napoleon, were there any Slovak factions who sided with Napoleon? I have never read any reference to such a thing...

            Ron

            Message 5 of 7 , May 5, 2012
              OK, Ben.... you're 'Napoleon.'

              But only because you asked.

              If any of zou come to Berlin, there is an excellent Sri Lankan restaurant down on the south end off the S1 line at the JUlius-Leber-Brücke street stop.  A bit off he beaten path, but worth the trip.

              Chuck

              It's o.k., Ben, we've all done similar things.  But I'm curious--what IS the name?

              To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 7 , May 5, 2012
                Here.  Use my dunce cap.  Now go stand in the corner.