Re: where to eat and what to do

  • JohnS
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2012
      We stayed in Hotel Kaskady last year. It is OK as far as resorts go; more modern but not what I would consider culturally authentic. Sliac is pleasant enough but offers little though we did not visit the other very nearby villages. Since you have a car it might be better. I rented a bicycle from the hotel and did a nice 35 or 40 mile ride one day; a big circle to the north almost the whole way to Banska Bystrica via Lukavica and Horna Micina.