Easter Monday - downpours forecast

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 66 , Apr 8, 2012
      Now that it's Monday in Slovakia, these are some of the things that happen. Fast-edited for the 21st century with a soundtrack Chuck won't enjoy:

      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnrjlQFTtSo>

      Not always just the boys, the daughter is part of the conspiracy against Mum, too:

      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_B0IXPONY>

      If I got it, why not you? The girl shooting the video says at the beginning, "Giggle, giggle, what can you do, I was [nicely] dressed, too.":

      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io303GGKjv8>

      And in order to prevent the stairwell and apartment doorways from being drenched, these girls in a high-rise part of Poprad, Spis County, were chased out and filmed by their families, knowing what was to come:

      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LARsbbQLWgc>

      Martin
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 66 of 66 , Apr 16, 2012
        Mine got SOUSED!

        ________________________________
        From: lkocik@...<mailto:lkocik%40comcast.net>
        Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 19:22:47 +0000

        I don't know the source,maybe "E news, but on Comcast's home page last night,was
        a clip of Anderson Cooper reporting on a practice in Poland called phonetically;
        "Dingus" or maybe "dinkus" ??

        It is a tradition of young males douseing young woman with water and the girls
        retailliating using whips of braided willow branches.

        The clip was posted, not for the tradition, but because the usually stoic
        Anderson Cooper, had to actually walk off the set while it was still live
        because he broke out it a fit of uncontrollable laughter while reporting on the
        story.

        The tradition seems to go with this thread on the "dousings" in Slovakia. I
        thought the clip was more interesting because of Anderson Cooper's reaction. He
        could have been re-acting more to the word that sounded like "dinkus", but I
        would hope we, as Americans, have not become so "cultured" that we can't respect
        the traditions of the old world.

        l.k.