Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Slovak Language and pronunciation and dialects.

    Message 1 of 42 , Apr 1, 2012
      Can't wait to send that to my brothers & sisters w/ the correct spelling.

      Thank you, Martin!  That's it exactly.

      ________________________________
      Message 42 of 42 , Apr 3, 2012
        John - I too have been trying to get into the 1940 census in the Cleveland,
        OH area but nothing yet so I've resolved to work on my other stuff until
        it is there. I will just keep checking back once in awhile. That is
        another thing. Always keep checking back on your sources. I've found neat
        stuff just by tracing my steps from a year ago. Things are in a constant state
        of "update". Some things have vanished and I am so glad that I had
        captured the image of the data at that time. That is why I took all that time to
        capture the LDS stuff. You just never know. I am a data pack-rat
        (retired computer programmer) - Barb

        In a message dated 4/3/2012 2:47:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        Hwedhlor@... writes:

        Wouldn't surprise me in the least, Barb. We'll have to keep
        in touch on finds we make.

        I've been fiddling with the 1940 U.S. Federal census in an
        attempt to pin down some items about my biological father.
        There's been precious little posted so far today. I had
        hoped the National Archives would have their copy ready to
        go so they could simply push a button an it would be there,
        but that was apparently too much to hope for. Most of the
        queries I made there throughout the day resulted in "Page
        not found." Ancestry.com is not much better. As of a few
        minutes ago here is the status there.

        _Completed_
        American Samoa
        Delaware
        District of Columbia
        Guam
        Indiana
        Maine
        Nevada
        Panama Canal Zone
        Virgin Islands

        _In Process_
        California
        New York
        Pennsylvania
        Rhode Island
        Virginia

        I understand from some of the indexers that Colorado is on
        their priority list next. I expect it may be a few weeks
        until all 3.8 million images are posted, and perhaps six
        months until the name indexing is completed. Still that's
        much better than any previous census, and I'm patient. :-)

        Barb, I'll be happy to exchange any data that I have on my
        Slovak relatives. I would love to have someone else pursuing
        that line with me, but so far I've not been able to stir up
        too much interest amongst my Severnak crowd.

        John

        Slovak-World-digest@yahoogroups.com
        Slovak-World-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com