Re: [Slovak-World] Burning grass... and Krasna Horka?

    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 12, 2012
      I hope that those responsible are brought to justice.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 12, 2012
        Well... the part that I should have added is that the picture looks VERY photoshopped, but still is being distributed (like that "last moment 9/11 picture that was floating around from the top of the WTC).
        Like Wikipedia, Facebook is also a great source of "disinformation."  I doubt that it is real; the heavily-tatooed Roma is just too stereotypical to carry any validity to the photo, it is certainly propaganda (if that makes any sense).
        Ben

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 12, 2012
          What kind of justice can we bring two boys, 11 and 12, to for this? They will certainly never smoke again... :-P And they will have a great story to tell their grandchildren.  Sometimes, memory and guilt is more prudent than any pecuniary measure; especially to a child.
          Ben

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 12, 2012
            Then that is justice.

            Justice does not always have to be cruel.  Only just.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 12, 2012
              I like that... :-)

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 12, 2012
                The same photo of the tattooed Gypsy is online with an entirely different background.

                It amazes me how people fall for propaganda so quickly, with no suspicion or question of authenticity.

                Ron

                --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@...> wrote:

                > Well... the part that I should have added is that the picture looks VERY photoshopped, but still is being distributed (like that "last moment 9/11 picture that was floating around from the top of the WTC).
                > Like Wikipedia, Facebook is also a great source of "disinformation."  I doubt that it is real; the heavily-tatooed Roma is just too stereotypical to carry any validity to the photo, it is certainly propaganda (if that makes any sense).
                > Ben

              • Ben Sorensen
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 12, 2012
                  It reminds me of a political ad a few years ago.  The Roma will never get a break, methinks.

                  As a reminder: http://aktualne.atlas.sk/rasisticke-bilboardy-sns-by-mali-zmiznut/slovensko/politika/
                  Yep, another tatoo-covered Roma.  "So that we don't feed those who don't want to work."
                  Ben