OT -- The Number 11 -- OT

  • theoldpro
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2003
      Ahoj Slovaci

      A friend sent this to me discussing the number "11."

      The Old Pro

      The number 11

      If you've read the email going around about the number "11" for the past few
      weeks, you will love David's response to it. I don't know who David is, but
      his response is hilarious!!! Make sure you read beyond the Original Letter
      first...

      Original Letter:

      The date of the attack: 9/11 - 9 + 1 + 1 = 11
      September 11th is the 254th day of the year: 2 + 5 + 4 = 11 After
      September 11th there are 111 days left to the end of the year. 119 is the
      area code to Iraq/Iran. 1 + 1 + 9 = 11 Twin Towers - standing side by side,
      looks like the number 11 The first plane to hit the towers was Flight 11

      I Have More...

      State of New York - The 11th State added to the Union
      New York City - 11 Letters
      Afghanistan - 11 Letters
      The Pentagon - 11 Letters
      Ramzi Yousef - 11 Letters (convicted or orchestrating the attack at the WTC
      in 1993) Flight 11 - 92 on board - 9 + 2 = 11 Flight 77 - 65 on board - 6 +
      5 = 11

      Dave's response:

      Oh my God! How worried should I be? There are 11 letters in the name
      "David Pawson!" I'm going into hiding NOW. See you in a few weeks.

      Wait a sec ... just realized "YOU CAN'T HIDE" also has 11 letters! What am I
      gonna do? Help me!!! The terrorists are after me! ME! I can't believe it!

      Oh crap, there must be someplace on the planet Earth I could hide! But no...
      "PLANET EARTH" has 11 letters, too!

      Maybe Nostradamus can help me. But dare I trust him? There are 11 letters in
      "NOSTRADAMUS."

      I know, the Red Cross can help. No, they can't... 11 letters in "THE RED
      CROSS," can't trust them.

      I would rely on self defense, but "SELF DEFENSE" has 11 letters in it, too!

      Can someone help?

      Anyone? If so, send me email. No, don't... "SEND ME EMAIL" has 11 letters...

      Will this never end? I'm going insane! "GOING INSANE???" Eleven letters!!

      Nooooooooooo!!!!!! I guess I'll die alone, even though "I'LL DIE ALONE" has
      11 letters...

      Oh my God, I just realized that America is doomed! Our Independence Day is
      July 4th ... 7/4 ... 7+4=11!

      ~Dave
    • Colin Varga
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2003
        Ahojte,

        I like a conspiracy theory as much as the next guy. I did check one thing.
        The country code for Iraq is 964, however the Baghdad code is 1 and if you
        dial it twice it would be 11. Iran is 98. About Flight 77, if you write
        sevens in hurry they could look like ones and then it would also be flight
        11. The were 110 floors in the WTC: 1 and 1 plus 0 is 11.

        Colin P. Varga (11 Letters)
        Visited the WTC in 1982: 1+9=10, 8+2=10, 1+0=1, 1+0=1, 11 (insert Twilight
        Zone theme here)

        From: "theoldpro" <theoldpro@...>
        Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 19:35:27 -0700
        To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [Slovak-World] OT -- The Number 11 -- OT

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • theoldpro
        Message 3 of 5 , May 30, 2003
          Very creative Colin, very creative indeed!

          The Old Pro (11 letters and spaces make up "The Old Pro")
          Also "Slovak World" has 11 letters in it.
          Furthermore, "Dorothy Loyd" my wife, has 11 letters in her name ---see http://www.classicsongs.net

          Gee, I'm beginning to worry about this conspiracy theory. The number "11" keeps popping up all over the place. Is there a hidden message somewhere?

          The Old Pro

          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2003
            Do not worry my friends. Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they
            are not out to get you.

            Nick

          • Colin Varga
            Message 5 of 5 , May 31, 2003
              Thanks for giving us your wife's site. Here's one with a photo of mine:
              http://www.si.edu/oahp/sibtour/ew4.htm

              Smithsonian: 11 letters
              Institution: 11 letters

              Joseph Henry (1st secretary of the SI) 11 letters

              Hope Diamond: 11 letters

              Wright Flyer: 11...

              I guess they were just lucky.

              Colin