Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Healthy Kids in SK

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 1, 2012
      Yep, SNS or SMER.
      Ben

      ________________________________
      From: gergely <gergely@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:06 PM
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Healthy Kids in SK

      Hmmmm. "mean spirited" "nastiness".

      I'll bet I can guess political persuasion too.

      Jack Gergely
      Newport News

      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 1, 2012
        Love it1
        I will make good use of those words of wisdom!!!
        Jack
        But I forgive him. A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged. It only takes one time. ;)

        ________________________________
        I'll bet I can guess political persuasion too.

        Jack Gergely
        Newport News

        I sure s the devil hope not! All I read in your comment and follow-ons is mean spiritedness and unnecessary nastiness directd toward young people. The world is constantly changing, it has been going to hell since declared so by Socrates 3,000 years ago.

        I hold no great love for much of the modern music but it is not right to load young people with criticism for being young and different.

        We all have the choice to be an old man or to be a nasty old man. You seem to be sticking by the latter.

        Ron
        What I saw in the video was a lot of exuberance, joy of life and a somewhat crude production that is not at all a bad job for someone of that age.

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...> wrote:

        > You'll see it better when you get as old as Vilko & I are. Now run along, young man.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Ron
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 1, 2012
          You guys are obviously having a good time with your ha ha jollies, but I would ask you to sit back for a minute and try to change mental gears.

          This is a Slovak forum with 490 members. Few of those 490 post here.

          Your harassment over an innocent Slovak topic will only discourage lurkers and more shy members of the forum from posting their findings and observations. Effectively your great private fun has a poisonous effect on Slovak World and discourages people from participating.

          Please reconsider.

          Ron

        • hmsbob@aol.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 2, 2012
            KUDOS RON

            --- In _Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com)

            (mailto:Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com) , LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@> wrote:

            > > You'll see it better when you get as old as Vilko & I are. Now run
            along, young man.

            > > ________________________________

            thoroughly enjoyed the kids' romp in SK, however.ÂÂ Clever & creative.Ã
            ƒâ€šÃ‚ And as you said, 'Kids having fun being kids.'

            > > > ________________________________

          • dragansk
            Message 5 of 25 , Mar 10, 2012
              Bratislava State Conservatory Pittsburgh performance

              Young musicians from the Bratislava State Conservatory will perform traditional Slovak music at 7 p.m. March 12 at St. Bernard Church, Mt. Lebanon.

              The concert is free. A good will offering will be accepted to cover the group's expenses.
              Message 6 of 25 , Mar 20, 2012
                Did you go?

                Care to proffer a review?

                Message 7 of 25 , Mar 22, 2012
                  Yes, I did go, and it was excellent. I think there were about seven performers and they were all very good. Music included classical, pop (Andrew Lloyd Weber kind of music) and Slovak folk music. Only thing missing was Ben on his fujara.

                  I hope others in this group had the opportunity to see their performances in Johnstown, Maryland and Wilkes Barre areas.
                  Dennis

                  Message 8 of 25 , Mar 23, 2012
                    D'akujem!