Re: Retirement in Slovakia and EU

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 56 , Feb 6, 2012
      > Votrubam

      Hmmmm... who have you been talking to recently, Mr. Wychunasm?

      > Thank you for the other side of the balance sheet.

      Glad it was of some use, Chuck. Here's a more topical table of balance sheets: among the eurozone's requirements is for the government debt to be no more than 60 percent of the country's GDP, and these are the current percentages of indebtedness (rounded off) of the following eurozone governments:

      159 Greece
      120 Italy
      110 Portugal
      105 Ireland

      Bad, huh? So let's look at how the "eurozone leaders," some of whom are preaching heavily about austerity to the rest of them, respect their 60-percent maximum:

      99 Belgium
      85 France
      82 Germany
      72 Austria

      None of them have been charged any fines (big surprise). And their "poorer eurozone cousins"?

      44 Slovenia
      42 Slovakia
      _6 Estonia

      Why don't they just shut up and help bail everyone out because they managed their budgets and can afford it, no? I mean... nein, non?

      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 16, 2012
        Thank you, so much.  Fascinating.