Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Retirement in Slovakia and EU

    Message 1 of 56 , Feb 6, 2012
      Dr. Votrubam:

      I do not have my finger on the pulse of Slovak opinion.  That is why I read posts here @ S-W & other places.  And I appreciate your reasoned approach in information.  It is much appreciated.  I w/ not add my laundry list of gratitude to others who post here, but you all know (fortunately or unfortunately, since we occasionally communicate offline) who you are.

      Another possible alternative is to allow Greece to exit the Euro, reinstate the drachma & restore the credibility of the ECB.  Right now, the uncertainty is bringing all members down.  It would also be a 'shot across the bow' of any other members who borrow irresponsibly.

      It is difficult for me to be objective when the land of my ancestors is at risk.  Slovakia has been paying tons of money to Brussels for years.  And for what?  But that is another debate.  But I don't think Slovaks joined the monetary union to bail out the profligate.

      The zero sum game of either 100% positive by taking some action or 100% devastation by doing the polar opposite is not realistic.  But realism doesn't sell newspapers.

      Be well, Professor.  And, as always, thank you.

      Chuck
      Student (& borderline disciple)

      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 16, 2012
        Thank you, so much.  Fascinating.