Retirement in Slovakia

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 28, 2012
      One of my young cousins posted an interesting graphic on his facebook page showing the relative earnings vs. retirement income in various European countries. You can view it here:

      http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/314576_226881557382080_173863999350503_557706_471130961_n.jpg
      if that does not work,

      http://tinyurl.com/7bc3cs3

      Martin, I hope you can put this in context for us, or give us some background.

      Kraijina is country, Plat is earnings, Dochodok is retirement pay, and the first columns of numbers is value in Euro, the second column is value in Slovak Crowns.

      Slovak earnings: E678, retirement pay, E311. Note that is well below what the Greeks earn, the bad boys of the Euro crisis, the ones Slovakia was asked to bail out.