Thai ladies want to meet Slovaks?

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 15, 2012
      A news item, quoting an extensive sociological-anthropological research, that's been spreading on the internet in the past few days claims that Thai ladies of the night prefer Slovaks as their customers more than any other nationality. They dislike Swedes the most. Here's their top 10 list, the numbers mean the percentage of the 470 surveyed women who liked the given nationality:

      86 Slovaks
      83 French
      74 Americans
      72 Belgians
      71 Czechs
      64 Austrians
      63 Swiss and Dutch
      53 Canadians
      49 Danes

      The original source of all the existing reports appears to be an article in a Czech tabloid newspaper from Jan. 11 this year. It quotes a professor who supervised the research. There is indeed a prof. under that name and in that field at Thailand's top university, but I have not been able to find her publications in a language other than Thai, nor a second, independent, source on the quoted research.

      Martin
    • lkocik@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 16, 2012
        I'd bet the professor was given a tax funded grant for his research.
        What possible benefit is there in researching what prostitutes prefer, and specifically Thai prostitutes?

         Is it an honor for Slovak men to top the list.....

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 16, 2012
          > What possible benefit is there in researching
          > what prostitutes prefer

          The core focus of any such research (this one apparently took 3 years) would be unlikely to have been the clients' nationality. The extensive survey would have focused on all aspects of the women's conditions. Nationalities would have been just a byproduct, but one likely to hit the headlines.

          Martin
        • lkocik@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 16, 2012

             Thank you for taking the time to reply to my curt statement.

             I tried to make a joke by taking something out of context...ala Jay Leno, David Letterman.

               respectfully

            Larry Kocik

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 16, 2012
              Sounds like I need book a flight to Thailand. :)

              Thai women are the most beautiful of that region of the world. Whores or
              not. :)

              I'm surprised Thai customs doesn't flat out 'deny entry' to any solo,
              middle-aged, white male travelers.

              <Relax uptight SW people, I'm just having a laugh...>

              -S

              On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM, votrubam <votrubam@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > A news item, quoting an extensive sociological-anthropological research,
              > that's been spreading on the internet in the past few days claims that Thai
              > ladies of the night prefer Slovaks as their customers more than any other
              > nationality. They dislike Swedes the most. Here's their top 10 list, the
              > numbers mean the percentage of the 470 surveyed women who liked the given
              > nationality:
              >
              > 86 Slovaks
              > 83 French
              > 74 Americans
              > 72 Belgians
              > 71 Czechs
              > 64 Austrians
              > 63 Swiss and Dutch
              > 53 Canadians
              > 49 Danes
              >
              > The original source of all the existing reports appears to be an article
              > in a Czech tabloid newspaper from Jan. 11 this year. It quotes a professor
              > who supervised the research. There is indeed a prof. under that name and in
              > that field at Thailand's top university, but I have not been able to find
              > her publications in a language other than Thai, nor a second, independent,
              > source on the quoted research.
              >
              > Martin

            • Ron
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 16, 2012
                First off, I am surprised Germans are not on the list. I lived there from '87 to '97 and it was well covered in the press how German men would take sex vacations to Thailand, occasionally numerous enough to fill a chartered jet. There was also quite a bit of 'mail order bride' business in Germany, first with a lot of Asian women, and then after the wall opened up, with women from eastern Europe. The sex trade, of course, was quite active and likely still is. Whereas in America we have to go to alternate newspapers and perhaps big city newspapers to find adverts looking for partners (you name the circumstances), in Germany it was and likely still is quite common to find these adds in everyday newspapers. These phenomena seem to be a fact of life.

                At its most intense time, my female cousins in the Czech Republic had to be careful which bus stop they chose to wait at, to minimize the likelihood of being propositioned by some passing 'businessman'.

                --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Scott Mikusko <scott@...> wrote:

                > Sounds like I need book a flight to Thailand. :)
                >
                > Thai women are the most beautiful of that region of the world. Whores or
                > not. :)
                >
                > I'm surprised Thai customs doesn't flat out 'deny entry' to any solo,
                > middle-aged, white male travelers.
                >
                > <Relax uptight SW people, I'm just having a laugh...>
                >
                > -S
                >

                > On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM, votrubam <votrubam@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > A news item, quoting an extensive sociological-anthropological research,
                > > that's been spreading on the internet in the past few days claims that Thai
                > > ladies of the night prefer Slovaks as their customers more than any other
                > > nationality. They dislike Swedes the most. Here's their top 10 list, the
                > > numbers mean the percentage of the 470 surveyed women who liked the given
                > > nationality:
                > >
                > > 86 Slovaks
                > > 83 French
                > > 74 Americans
                > > 72 Belgians
                > > 71 Czechs
                > > 64 Austrians
                > > 63 Swiss and Dutch
                > > 53 Canadians
                > > 49 Danes
                > >
                > > The original source of all the existing reports appears to be an article
                > > in a Czech tabloid newspaper from Jan. 11 this year. It quotes a professor
                > > who supervised the research. There is indeed a prof. under that name and in
                > > that field at Thailand's top university, but I have not been able to find
                > > her publications in a language other than Thai, nor a second, independent,
                > > source on the quoted research.
                > >
                > > Martin

              • votrubam
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 16, 2012
                  > I am surprised Germans are not on the list.

                  They are, but not among the top ten preferred nationals. They are disliked as customers, although less so than Swedes, for frequent violence and unhealthful practices.

                  Martin
                • Ben Sorensen
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 17, 2012
                    Now I finally understand the immediate warmth that Asian women bestow upon me when I speak Slovak.

                    No matter, Thai women may be the most beautiful of that region, but Slovak women are the most beautiful in the world! :-)
                    They do not seem to smile as kindly when I speak Slovak...
                    Ben

                    ________________________________
                    > I am surprised Germans are not on the list.

                    They are, but not among the top ten preferred nationals. They are disliked as customers, although less so than Swedes, for frequent violence and unhealthful practices.

                  • William C. Wormuth
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 17, 2012
                      MAS~  PRAVDU! :o):o) :o)

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 17, 2012
                        > Slovak women are the most beautiful in the world! :-)
                        > They do not seem to smile as kindly when I speak Slovak...

                        It may depend on what percentage of those one speaks to have gained experience as "social workers," as Slovaks sometimes misname the profession endearingly?

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 17, 2012
                          Slovak women are beautiful.  It does not matter if they still reside in Slovakia or are descendants of native Slovaks.

                          ;)

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 17, 2012
                            Martin:

                            I have never been a customer, so I would not know.  :)

                            Chuck

                            ________________________________

                            > I am surprised Germans are not on the list.

                            They are, but not among the top ten preferred nationals. They are disliked as customers, although less so than Swedes, for frequent violence and unhealthful practices.

                          • LeAnne Wilson
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 17, 2012
                              Kovac(k)

                              Zerdin

                              Fodor

                              Slovenia, Crensovci, Trnje

                              Does that makes me a descendant of native Slovaks?

                              Thank you to all who share, this group is wonderful!!!

                            • lkocik@comcast.net
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 17, 2012
                                Hello

                                 It might be the other way around....some of your  ancestors could have migrated to Slovakia with your ancestral name. Some could have stayed put.

                                  I say that because I have Fodor marrying into my Slovakian tree. The Fodors I mention were Hungarian nobility.

                                 I also have cause to think my Slovak ancestors came from Croatia.

                                 ....But your original assumption might be right.

                                 You hit on one of the major difficulties in tracing a lineage....."where was my family from, before they lived in what I know as my ancestral villiage?"

                                 good luck with your research

                                Larry

                                Does that makes me a descendant of native Slovaks?

                                Thank you to all who share, this group is wonderful!!!

                              • helene cincebeaux
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 17, 2012
                                    You hit on one of the major difficulties in tracing a lineage....."where was my family from, before they lived in what I know as my ancestral village?"
                                  Larry -

                                  This is true but sometimes if you go to the actual village in Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Romania etc. you can find there was chain migration there from one village or region of Slovakia. Sometimes there are records of the new immigrants made long ago.
                                  I found in Slovak villages in Serbia last summer that altho they came there 200 to 250 years ago there was knowledge of where they came from.
                                  Amazing to find somewhat similar music and traditions and wonderful home-made sausages and a dessert smothered in poppy seeds that i can't wait to go back to.
                                  Also wonderful to be able to converse with all; and all those naive folk artists from Kovacica Serbia?  It's a Slovak village! The came several hundred years ago but continue their traditions.
                                  helene

                                  Does that makes me a descendant of native Slovaks?

                                  Thank you to all who share, this group is wonderful!!!

                                • Marianne Herrmann
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 17, 2012
                                    My mom was Lillian Sabanosh. Her father John was from Hanusovic.