I'm back

  • Bernardine Weigand
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2003
      Hi Folks,

      I'm back after a 2 week absence from S-W. Hope I didn't miss too much.

      We visited the spectacular wilderness of Ron's Alaska, down to Vancouver, in Vladi's beautiful British Columbia. Our tour guide showed us where your Burnaby is, Vlad. You must have quite a lovely vista from that perch on the mountain side.

      Of course I met some wonderful Slovaks on the train, the "Midnight Sun Express. "Maly svet"---from both my Mom's and Dad's childhood towns here in NJ. When I arrived home last night and spoke with my Mom, it turns out she knew these families.

      Also, on the cruise portion of our trip, we had several dining room servers from Slovakia, Hungary, and Poland. We had very pleasant conversations, as we related our travels to their countries and had been to their "home towns".

      Bernardine
    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2003
        At 12:14 AM 5/30/2003 -0400, you wrote:
        >Hi Folks,
        >
        >I'm back after a 2 week absence from S-W. Hope I didn't miss too much.
        >
        >We visited the spectacular wilderness of Ron's Alaska, down to Vancouver,
        >in Vladi's beautiful British Columbia. Our tour guide showed us where your
        >Burnaby is, Vlad. You must have quite a lovely vista from that perch on
        >the mountain side.
        >
        >Of course I met some wonderful Slovaks on the train, the "Midnight Sun
        >Express. "Maly svet"---from both my Mom's and Dad's childhood towns here
        >in NJ. When I arrived home last night and spoke with my Mom, it turns out
        >she knew these families.
        >
        >Also, on the cruise portion of our trip, we had several dining room
        >servers from Slovakia, Hungary, and Poland. We had very pleasant
        >conversations, as we related our travels to their countries and had been
        >to their "home towns".
        >
        >Bernardine

        Next time in Vancouver, give me a call my cell is 604-889-4616

        Vladi.

        Yes our house overlooks the second narrows and I see the ocean and the
        mountains 180 degrees, unobstructed view.

        click here to see it: http://www.slovakheritage.org/Links/links.htm

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3313099.4604523.1512248/D=egroupweb/S=1705103562:HM/A=1595054/R=0/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogyo?YH=3313099&yhad=1595054>17d3819.jpg
        >17d3866.jpg

      • Haidee Kupecz
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2007
          Hi,
          I just wanted to let you all know that I'm back online. My computer was down for a while and getting fixed, in case you've been wondering where I am.

          See you later,
          Haidee
          haideec@...