Intro....Mihalcsos and Stofas

  • ajourni
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2012
      I'm new, so I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Allison, and I'm researching the Stofa/Stofas (who also have Dzuricsko, Medvecz, and Mandulak in there) and the Mihalcsos (who also have Solsisz, Petruska, and Kmes/Kmer in their line). They are nearly all from Ruska Nova Ves and Sol/Sokut.

      I'm also trying to find out anything about my maternal great-grandfather, Mihaly "William" Picek, (which they also seen spelled Picih, Payc, Pajcz, and was pronounced "Paich"). The only think I have on him is his name in my grandparents' marriage application, and I found the 1918 draft registration for him. Therefore, he was obviously alive in (September) 1918, but in the 1920 census his wife was remarried. I can't find anything on his death, or his children's births, but they were supposed to have lived in Ohio (confirmed by his draft registration.) I'm guessing he may have died from the flu epidemic or possibly in the war.

      Have a great weekend, everyone.