Re: Happy New Year

  • Bikes 4 Life customer
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 4, 2012
      Hi Greg,
      Do you watch hockey and the Blues? My wife is very proud to be a second cousin for Jaroslav. We go to the Pavilion when the Blues come to town to play the Sharks. Still waiting for him to be traded to SJ....
      --Adam

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <greg@...> wrote:

      > While we live in an area where Slovaks are a
      > minority....
      >
      > A grocery store in St. Louis sent out a flyer
      > last week..
      >
      > The two items that caught my attention were...
      >
      > Vita herring in Wine
      >
      > Vita herring and cream sauce..
      >
      > Greg
      >

      > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "joy2002cjm" <joy2002cjm@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Happy New Year ALL!! Best wishes for good health, happiness and a year full of God's best and blessings!!
      > >
      > > Carolyn

    • Bikes 4 Life customer
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 4, 2012
        Oh also she is making a fish paste out of canned sardines.
        The grocery stores in Slovakia have that paste. It's a bit like tuna salad but served on small pies of bread and not like a sandwich.

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Bikes 4 Life customer" <adam_martin@...> wrote:

        > Hi Greg,
        > Do you watch hockey and the Blues? My wife is very proud to be a second cousin for Jaroslav. We go to the Pavilion when the Blues come to town to play the Sharks. Still waiting for him to be traded to SJ....
        > --Adam
        >
        > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <greg@> wrote:
        > >
        > > While we live in an area where Slovaks are a
        > > minority....
        > >
        > > A grocery store in St. Louis sent out a flyer
        > > last week..
        > >
        > > The two items that caught my attention were...
        > >
        > > Vita herring in Wine
        > >
        > > Vita herring and cream sauce..
        > >
        > > Greg
        > >

        > > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "joy2002cjm" <joy2002cjm@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Happy New Year ALL!! Best wishes for good health, happiness and a year full of God's best and blessings!!
        > > >
        > > > Carolyn

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 6, 2012
          A couple years ago the Saint Louis Blues had close
          to an all Slovak starting lineup.

          Before my son went to a Blues game, he would stop
          over and pick up a Slovak flag from me.

          Him and his friends would wave it whenever a Slovak
          scored a goal at Savis Center.

          My son is a fan of your second cousin.

          Greg