Coats of Arms and Flags in Slovakia

  • plichta@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2012
      In September 2002 I purchased from a private party, a book titled
      Heraldicky' Register Slovenskej Republiky, volume I published in 2000. The
      text in the book suggests that as many as six additional volumes would be
      published in the future. Recently I searched online and found the
      following:

      Sekcia Verejnej Spra'vy, Ministerstva vnu'tra SR maintains a web site at the
      following address:

      http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en
      <http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3
      D%2522heraldicky%2Bregister%2Bslovenskej%2Brepubliky%2522%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D
      1I7GGLL_en%26biw%3D1152%26bih%3D585%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.com
      &sl=sk&u=http://www.civil.gov.sk/archiv/p19/p19-04.shtm&usg=ALkJrhih3to1H8Hu
      kFaiNEvifFf9JLaftw>
      &prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522heraldicky%2Bregister%2Bslovenskej%2Brepubliky%2522
      %26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1I7GGLL_en%26biw%3D1152%26bih%3D585%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=t
      ranslate.google.com&sl=sk&u=http://www.civil.gov.sk/archiv/p19/p19-04.shtm&u
      sg=ALkJrhih3to1H8HukFaiNEvifFf9JLaftw

      An excerpt from that page is as follows:

      Heraldic Registry keeps records of individual subjects symbolism - erboch
      and flags of cities, municipalities, individuals, church dignitaries or
      institutions - traditional and automated in the form of text and graphic
      information. V s��asnosti je v Heraldickom registri Slovenskej republiky
      zap�san�ch vy�e 2 600 erbov a vlajok r�znych subjektov. At present the
      Heraldic Register of the Slovak Republic registered more than 2,600 coats of
      arms and flags of various entities. Ministerstvo vn�tra SR vyd�va vybran�
      inform�cie o registrovan� erbov a vlajok, ako aj ich vyobrazenia v kni�nej
      forme. Ministry of Interior issued the selected information on registered
      coats of arms and flags, as well as their representation in book form.
      Projekt po��ta s desiatimi zv�zkami Heraldick�ho registra. The project
      counts with ten volumes of heraldic register.

      So it appears that there are now ten volumes of these books.

      Can anyone tell me where I might find additional volumes for purchase?

      Frank

      "Searching the World for PLICHTAs"

      Frank R. Plichta

      103 Prospect Avenue

      Galax, VA 24333-3315

      Phone: 276-238-9161

      Cell: 276-233-9971

    • votrubam
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2012
        > where I might find additional volumes for purchase?

        <http://tinyurl.com/6r235tg>

        Martin
      • Greg
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2012
          Frank

          The book you got is a great book.

          I don't know about the future volumes.

          Many years ago the country know as Czechoslovakia
          issued a whole series of heraldry stamps.

          Search eBay for CZECH HERALDRY or SLOVAK HERALDRY

          You will find some of them.

          Greg