Re: [Slovak-World] Belated Happy New Year

  • George Sirko
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 2, 2012
      Belated Happy New Year To All.
       My wife lost her youngest Brother to cancer on December 31st., so we are trying
      to cope with that right now.

      George and Nola

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 3, 2012
        George & Nola,

        I'm sorry for your loss. I pray that you find peace at this difficult time.

        Marycay

        Happy New Year ALL!! Best wishes for good health, happiness and a year
        full of God's best and blessings!!

        Carolyn

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 4, 2012
          Marianne

          We share in your sorrow.

          My brother had a heart attack on Christmas eve last year.

          He died two days later.

          I never got into the Christmas spirit in 2011.

          Greg

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Marycay Doolittle" <marycayd@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Bobbi. My mom saw those that went before her months before she actually passed so I guess they were getting her ready.
          >
          > Oh those lucky folks receiving kolacky. My sister-in-law and I were talking about making some together so I can learn the technique. In the past mine weren't so and neither were hers, but she tried again this year and they came out great so she'll now teach me. I'm so looking forward to it, the ones I bought on line were so so, nothing like the real homemade kind I guess.
          >
          > Happy New Year
          > Marycay

        • Marianne Herrmann
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 4, 2012
            Thank you so much for your kind condolences and for sharing your
            stories. I sympathize and feel your pain also. Why does it always
            help when others go through similar if not the same experiences? It
            does really help. It just makes you feel like you can get through it
            if someone else did. Thanks again and you are all in my prayers for a
            much happier Christmas and holiday season for next year. Fondly,
            Marianne Herrmann

            wrote:

            > Thanks Bobbi. My mom saw those that went before her months before
            she actually passed so I guess they were getting her ready.

            > Oh those lucky folks receiving kolacky. My sister-in-law and I were
            talking about making some together so I can learn the technique. In
            the past mine weren't so and neither were hers, but she tried again
            this year and they came out great so she'll now teach me. I'm so
            looking forward to it, the ones I bought on line were so so, nothing
            like the real homemade kind I guess.

            > Happy New Year
            > Marycay

          • Greg
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 4, 2012
              While we live in an area where Slovaks are a
              minority....

              A grocery store in St. Louis sent out a flyer
              last week..

              The two items that caught my attention were...

              Vita herring in Wine

              Vita herring and cream sauce..

              Greg

              --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "joy2002cjm" <joy2002cjm@...> wrote:

              > Happy New Year ALL!! Best wishes for good health, happiness and a year full of God's best and blessings!!
              >
              > Carolyn

            • Bikes 4 Life customer
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 4, 2012
                Hi Greg,
                Do you watch hockey and the Blues? My wife is very proud to be a second cousin for Jaroslav. We go to the Pavilion when the Blues come to town to play the Sharks. Still waiting for him to be traded to SJ....
                --Adam

                --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <greg@...> wrote:

                > While we live in an area where Slovaks are a
                > minority....
                >
                > A grocery store in St. Louis sent out a flyer
                > last week..
                >
                > The two items that caught my attention were...
                >
                > Vita herring in Wine
                >
                > Vita herring and cream sauce..
                >
                > Greg
                >

                > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "joy2002cjm" <joy2002cjm@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Happy New Year ALL!! Best wishes for good health, happiness and a year full of God's best and blessings!!
                > >
                > > Carolyn

              • Bikes 4 Life customer
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 4, 2012
                  Oh also she is making a fish paste out of canned sardines.
                  The grocery stores in Slovakia have that paste. It's a bit like tuna salad but served on small pies of bread and not like a sandwich.

                  --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Bikes 4 Life customer" <adam_martin@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Greg,
                  > Do you watch hockey and the Blues? My wife is very proud to be a second cousin for Jaroslav. We go to the Pavilion when the Blues come to town to play the Sharks. Still waiting for him to be traded to SJ....
                  > --Adam
                  >
                  > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <greg@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > While we live in an area where Slovaks are a
                  > > minority....
                  > >
                  > > A grocery store in St. Louis sent out a flyer
                  > > last week..
                  > >
                  > > The two items that caught my attention were...
                  > >
                  > > Vita herring in Wine
                  > >
                  > > Vita herring and cream sauce..
                  > >
                  > > Greg
                  > >

                  > > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "joy2002cjm" <joy2002cjm@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Happy New Year ALL!! Best wishes for good health, happiness and a year full of God's best and blessings!!
                  > > >
                  > > > Carolyn

                • Greg
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 6, 2012
                    A couple years ago the Saint Louis Blues had close
                    to an all Slovak starting lineup.

                    Before my son went to a Blues game, he would stop
                    over and pick up a Slovak flag from me.

                    Him and his friends would wave it whenever a Slovak
                    scored a goal at Savis Center.

                    My son is a fan of your second cousin.

                    Greg