Re: [Slovak-World] Happy New Year

  • Bobbi J. Town
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 1, 2012
      From: Bobbi (Masaryk) Town barbaraj10@...
      Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2012
      Subject: Happy New Year

      Condolences to you both for losing parents on the Holidays but thank you both for sharing your memories. Even though it wasn't during a holiday, my
      first husband saw his long dead relatives in the days before his passing. He would talk to them in moments of the pre-death state. I knew he was in
      in touch with them even before leaving this world. It's a comfort to know that their transition is an easy one since their loved ones from before are there
      to escort them to the promise land. Glory be! Blessings to you all.
      Happy New Year to everyone! I made lots of Kolacky yesterday and took it to friends and family. My belated Christmas baking~!
      Bobbi Town

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 2, 2012
        Marianne, I am sorry to hear of your loss. It is always hard to lose someone you love. I am glad your father passed peacefully. What a beautiful story of the last hours of his life on Christmas day. I pray God is with you and your family in a very special way through this time.

        Carolyn

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Marianne Herrmann <memzommi1@...> wrote:

        > I have a story for all of you at Slovak-World. My 91 year old dad had
        > been ill so we gathered family together on Christmas Eve. He said the
        > prayers at dinner and we brought him back home, tucked him in, and told
        > him we loved him. He got up and saw the sunrise on Christmas Day, had
        > breakfast, and then he stood in the living room looking into the
        > distance. All through Christmas Eve dinner he had been saying that
        > "Lil" (Lillian Sabanosh, my mom who passed away ten years earlier) was
        > with him. He would say, ask Lil what you want me to do with these
        > Christmas sweaters, and will there be room for Lil here next to me?
        > Then he had an urge to disrobe and walk but he thought he should lay
        > down instead. He then passed quietly right after that. He was a
        > staunch Christian and we had the services in the church still
        > resplendent with pointsettias and Christmas trees and wreaths.
        > Although we will miss him, he was with Jesus on Christmas Day. That is
        > my Christmas story. Happy New Year to you, Marianne Herrmann

      • Marycay Doolittle
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 2, 2012
          Thanks Bobbi. My mom saw those that went before her months before she actually passed so I guess they were getting her ready.

          Oh those lucky folks receiving kolacky. My sister-in-law and I were talking about making some together so I can learn the technique. In the past mine weren't so and neither were hers, but she tried again this year and they came out great so she'll now teach me. I'm so looking forward to it, the ones I bought on line were so so, nothing like the real homemade kind I guess.

          Happy New Year
          Marycay

          Happy New Year ALL!! Best wishes for good health, happiness and a year
          full of God's best and blessings!!

          Carolyn

        • George Sirko
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 2, 2012
            Belated Happy New Year To All.
             My wife lost her youngest Brother to cancer on December 31st., so we are trying
            to cope with that right now.

            George and Nola

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 3, 2012
              George & Nola,

              I'm sorry for your loss. I pray that you find peace at this difficult time.

              Marycay

              Happy New Year ALL!! Best wishes for good health, happiness and a year
              full of God's best and blessings!!

              Carolyn

            • Greg
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 4, 2012
                Marianne

                We share in your sorrow.

                My brother had a heart attack on Christmas eve last year.

                He died two days later.

                I never got into the Christmas spirit in 2011.

                Greg

                --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Marycay Doolittle" <marycayd@...> wrote:

                > Thanks Bobbi. My mom saw those that went before her months before she actually passed so I guess they were getting her ready.
                >
                > Oh those lucky folks receiving kolacky. My sister-in-law and I were talking about making some together so I can learn the technique. In the past mine weren't so and neither were hers, but she tried again this year and they came out great so she'll now teach me. I'm so looking forward to it, the ones I bought on line were so so, nothing like the real homemade kind I guess.
                >
                > Happy New Year
                > Marycay

              • Marianne Herrmann
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 4, 2012
                  Thank you so much for your kind condolences and for sharing your
                  stories. I sympathize and feel your pain also. Why does it always
                  help when others go through similar if not the same experiences? It
                  does really help. It just makes you feel like you can get through it
                  if someone else did. Thanks again and you are all in my prayers for a
                  much happier Christmas and holiday season for next year. Fondly,
                  Marianne Herrmann

                  wrote:

                  > Thanks Bobbi. My mom saw those that went before her months before
                  she actually passed so I guess they were getting her ready.

                  > Oh those lucky folks receiving kolacky. My sister-in-law and I were
                  talking about making some together so I can learn the technique. In
                  the past mine weren't so and neither were hers, but she tried again
                  this year and they came out great so she'll now teach me. I'm so
                  looking forward to it, the ones I bought on line were so so, nothing
                  like the real homemade kind I guess.

                  > Happy New Year
                  > Marycay

                • Greg
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 4, 2012
                    While we live in an area where Slovaks are a
                    minority....

                    A grocery store in St. Louis sent out a flyer
                    last week..

                    The two items that caught my attention were...

                    Vita herring in Wine

                    Vita herring and cream sauce..

                    Greg

                    --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "joy2002cjm" <joy2002cjm@...> wrote:

                    > Happy New Year ALL!! Best wishes for good health, happiness and a year full of God's best and blessings!!
                    >
                    > Carolyn

                  • Bikes 4 Life customer
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 4, 2012
                      Hi Greg,
                      Do you watch hockey and the Blues? My wife is very proud to be a second cousin for Jaroslav. We go to the Pavilion when the Blues come to town to play the Sharks. Still waiting for him to be traded to SJ....
                      --Adam

                      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <greg@...> wrote:

                      > While we live in an area where Slovaks are a
                      > minority....
                      >
                      > A grocery store in St. Louis sent out a flyer
                      > last week..
                      >
                      > The two items that caught my attention were...
                      >
                      > Vita herring in Wine
                      >
                      > Vita herring and cream sauce..
                      >
                      > Greg
                      >

                      > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "joy2002cjm" <joy2002cjm@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Happy New Year ALL!! Best wishes for good health, happiness and a year full of God's best and blessings!!
                      > >
                      > > Carolyn

                    • Bikes 4 Life customer
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 4, 2012
                        Oh also she is making a fish paste out of canned sardines.
                        The grocery stores in Slovakia have that paste. It's a bit like tuna salad but served on small pies of bread and not like a sandwich.

                        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Bikes 4 Life customer" <adam_martin@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Greg,
                        > Do you watch hockey and the Blues? My wife is very proud to be a second cousin for Jaroslav. We go to the Pavilion when the Blues come to town to play the Sharks. Still waiting for him to be traded to SJ....
                        > --Adam
                        >
                        > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <greg@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > While we live in an area where Slovaks are a
                        > > minority....
                        > >
                        > > A grocery store in St. Louis sent out a flyer
                        > > last week..
                        > >
                        > > The two items that caught my attention were...
                        > >
                        > > Vita herring in Wine
                        > >
                        > > Vita herring and cream sauce..
                        > >
                        > > Greg
                        > >

                        > > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "joy2002cjm" <joy2002cjm@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Happy New Year ALL!! Best wishes for good health, happiness and a year full of God's best and blessings!!
                        > > >
                        > > > Carolyn

                      • Greg
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 6, 2012
                          A couple years ago the Saint Louis Blues had close
                          to an all Slovak starting lineup.

                          Before my son went to a Blues game, he would stop
                          over and pick up a Slovak flag from me.

                          Him and his friends would wave it whenever a Slovak
                          scored a goal at Savis Center.

                          My son is a fan of your second cousin.

                          Greg