2011 Tamburitzan Program

  • Inez Giles
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31 10:42 AM
      Hi, everyone! If you find you have an opportunity to see the 2011
      Duquesne University Tamburitzan program performed - GO! They have the
      strongest Slovak segment I have ever seen. Their costumes are Zdiar
      and the choreography is superb! I understand they are working with
      someone who choreographed and/or worked with Sluk. Whatever the
      reason, the result was wonderful to behold.

      The other joyful news is they had a student PLAYING the fujara.
      Usually the musician gives the opening cascade and that's that. This
      young man P-L-A-Y-E-D the fujara for a full four minutes to introduce
      the set. Later he played the koncovka - again PLAYED it. FINALLY! Oh,
      yes.The rest of the show was wonderful too.

      This was a free performance and for some reason there were no
      programs. I don't know who the fujarsit is. I do know he has talent.
      - Inez

      DISCLAIMER: I graduated from the Tamburitzan Institute of Folk Art in
      1979. ( I was a mere child.) have no other affiliation with the
      group. I get no remuneration or financial or benefit in any way from
      my review of their performance. I just get to share the good news
      about their Slovak set.