Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Traditional folk festival food

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 5, 2011
      Try this for a good look at the wine cellars of Petrov na Moravie:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=macffHMFHGw

      Ahhhhh....       Burc~ak!  I have enjoyed it many, many, many    times. They have booths in Sas~tin every year at the celebration of our Lady of sorrows, Patroness of Slovakia and I have been to both Skalica and Petrov, for the tasting of Burc~ak.

      I Kúty, Belus~e is fried bread dough.  The dough is taken by the handful flattened with fingers and deep fried.  Both Greeks and Italians make it.

      Just got home from JFK to get Klara Vytrisalová, from Rimavska Sobota.  She had a good flight and we a problem free trip down, 3 1/2 hrs down and because of traffic in the Bronx, 5 hrs. home.  Beautiful day.

      She will be here with her son Miro, (MD) and grand-daughter Milka, (18 Months), until December 12.

      I f I can't travel to my beloved Slovakia, at least I can have Slovak company.

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 5, 2011
        Hi  - the new wine is burc~ak, often a milky green color. It's only available for a short time.
        When it's that time the road to Bratislava is lined with tables in front of homes with a few bottles of burc~ak for sale on each one. When you drink it - it seems like grape juice but when you stand up the kick kicks in.

        helene