Re: [Slovak-World] geneology question

  • S
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2011
      Hi carolyn
      I can look that up for you tonight and get you started on the right web pages. What are their names and birth dates? It is pretty easy now that the records are on line.
      You could write privately to durisek@...
      Susan

    • BJLK@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2011
        My father was also born in Stara Tura (and was also Lutheran), and I would
        appreciate it if the information could be shared.

        B. J.

        _____________________________
        B. J. Licko-Keel (_BJLK@..._ (http://BJLK@.../) )

        In a message dated 10/2/2011 8:27:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
        joy2002cjm@... writes:

        Hi All
        I am trying to search for the birth records of my grandparents and their
        families. My Grandma was born in Myjava in 1893 and came to NYC in 1909. I
        have her exact birthdate and know that she attended the Lutheran Church in
        Myjava. Does anyone know how to find those records? My Grandpa similarly
        was from Stara Tura, was Lutheran and born in 1894. Does anyone know how to
        begin to find those records and those prior? I understand they are moved
        from the churches to another location. I am also limited by english, but may
        know someone who could help me translate. Any information would be
        appreciated.

        Thanks.
        Carolyn

      • joy2002cjm
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2011
          This is the site I was referred to

          https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-159391-351392-31?cc=1554443&wc=10597525#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fcollection%2F1554443%2Fwaypoints

          From there you go through the links to chose the type of church and then the region. That gets a bit tricky for me. I did receive some help and if you have information maybe someone online would help with that. For Stara Tura, I went under the county of Myjava, then the town. My Grandpa was actually from a nearby hamlet and not so straightforward.

          I hope this helps. You can try posting the info and I am sure someone with more knowledge than myself will assist you. Everyone has been so helpful.

          Carolyn