Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Embroidery Translation

  • BJLK@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 17, 2011
      Thank you so much, Martin! You just made my day! I have bookmarked these.

      B. J.

      _____________________________
      B. J. Licko-Keel (_BJLK@..._ (http://BJLK@.../) )

      In a message dated 9/17/2011 1:29:49 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
      votrubam@... writes:

      > the embroidered "posters" on the kitchen walls of my
      > house when I was very young. Although the Slovak mottoes
      > were religious

      Two different ones, B.J.:

      Without you, there's no joy for me in the world.

      <http://tinyurl.com/3gyr2nj>

      [This rhymes in Slovak] A butterfly flutters from flower to flower; lad,
      you're looking only for great riches.

      <http://tinyurl.com/3naec3q>