Vicjaja Pamjat - Pavol Demitiri

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2011
      Back in in the late 90's I had the hottest Slovak flag
      in Saint Louis.

      Rather nice and 5 by 7 feet in size.

      Anyone looking to go to a Blues game needed it.

      Waving the Slovak flag got attention.

      The Saint Louis Blues had a few Slovak players.

      The flag ended up in more games than I did.

      Pavol Demirti was one of the Slovak players the flag was
      waved for.

      Pavol was killed in an air crash in Russia last week.

      Greg
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2011
        Greg,

        It is always sad when young people die but especially when someone like Pavol Dimitri, a man in the prime of his life and so successful in his "work.

        May Pavol's and all the souls of all of those killed in the accident, rest in peace. Amen!

        Vilo

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2011
          Hi Greg, Are you going to be at the CGSI Conference (St. Louis) October 26 to 29? Is anyone else from Slovak-World going to be there?

          I booked a flight this morning. Am looking forward to seeing some Autumn foliage, sightseeing before the conference and escaping the hot weather here in Florida.

          That was some flag, Greg! Years ago, on a visit to Slovakia, I brought a lot of hockey trading cards of Slovak and Czech players and gave them to a couple boys. They disappeared for the day and I only heard months later from their grandmother that they had a great time trading cards at school as theirs was worth more!

          Julia M.

          > Back in in the late 90's I had the hottest Slovak flag
          > in Saint Louis.
          >
          > Rather nice and 5 by 7 feet in size.
          >
          > Anyone looking to go to a Blues game needed it.
          >
          > Waving the Slovak flag got attention.
          >
          > The Saint Louis Blues had a few Slovak players.
          >
          > The flag ended up in more games than I did.
          >
          > Pavol Demirti was one of the Slovak players the flag was
          > waved for.
          >
          > Pavol was killed in an air crash in Russia last week.
          >
          > Greg

        • Margo Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 12, 2011
            Yes, I will be there also.  At the conference in Cleveland 2 years ago, the Slovak World crowd met in the hotel bar in the early evening.  Interested in doing that again?  See y'all next month.

            Margo

            Hi Greg,  Are you going to be at the CGSI Conference (St. Louis) October 26 to 29?  Is anyone else from Slovak-World going to be there?

            I booked a flight this morning.  Am looking forward to seeing some Autumn foliage, sightseeing before the conference and escaping the hot weather here in Florida.

            That was some flag, Greg!  Years ago, on a visit to Slovakia, I brought a lot of hockey trading cards of Slovak and Czech players and gave them to a couple boys.  They disappeared for the day and I only heard months later from their grandmother that they had a great time trading cards at school as theirs was worth more!

            Julia M.

            > Back in in the late 90's I had the hottest Slovak flag
            > in Saint Louis.
            >
            > Rather nice and 5 by 7 feet in size.
            >
            > Anyone looking to go to a Blues game needed it.
            >
            > Waving the Slovak flag got attention.
            >
            > The Saint Louis Blues had a few Slovak players.
            >
            > The flag ended up in more games than I did.
            >
            > Pavol Demirti was one of the Slovak players the flag was
            > waved for.
            >
            > Pavol was killed in an air crash in Russia last week.
            >
            > Greg

          • helene cincebeaux
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 12, 2011
              Hi Julia - Super - I will see you there! My sister Rosalie and daughter Kristin are coming too! We will have an exhibit of folk dress and everyone is invited to see it and the Parade of kroj on Friday night.

              It will be super to see you!!!!!

              helene

              Hi Greg,  Are you going to be at the CGSI Conference (St. Louis) October 26 to 29?  Is anyone else from Slovak-World going to be there?

              I booked a flight this morning.  Am looking forward to seeing some Autumn foliage, sightseeing before the conference and escaping the hot weather here in Florida.

              That was some flag, Greg!  Years ago, on a visit to Slovakia, I brought a lot of hockey trading cards of Slovak and Czech players and gave them to a couple boys.  They disappeared for the day and I only heard months later from their grandmother that they had a great time trading cards at school as theirs was worth more!

              Julia M.

              > Back in in the late 90's I had the hottest Slovak flag
              > in Saint Louis.
              >
              > Rather nice and 5 by 7 feet in size.
              >
              > Anyone looking to go to a Blues game needed it.
              >
              > Waving the Slovak flag got attention.
              >
              > The Saint Louis Blues had a few Slovak players.
              >
              > The flag ended up in more games than I did.
              >
              > Pavol Demirti was one of the Slovak players the flag was
              > waved for.
              >
              > Pavol was killed in an air crash in Russia last week.
              >
              > Greg

            • Matchett
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 13, 2011
                Margo, Yes, I'm interested in meeting all Slovak-Worlders in the hotel bar again! We had a nice crowd in Cleveland. Julia M.