RE: [Slovak-World] Re: Easter ?Cheese?

  • igiles
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25, 2011
      Joe, my mother made the same cheese at Easter. I remember she added a few
      whole cloves, too. The sweetness balanced the saltiness of the ham. As I
      became more aware, I became a vegetarian and would eat the horseradish/beet
      mixture on the cheese as my Easter meal. I can still smell the sweet aroma
      of the cheese to this day.. - Inez (in Melk, Austria looking at the gold and
      metal-embroidered vestments at the Abbey and on her way back to Bratislava
      on Sunday).

      Just as an FYI, I just read it was the Slavs who settled in Melk. I had no
      idea. Sometimes it boggles my mind when I realize how much it is I don't
      know.