Re: Sending money to Slovakia

  • dragansk
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 20, 2011
      As I recall, the idea we discussed a year or so again centered around using a debit or charge card. I hadn't tried the idea, but was hoping to do so some time. Would this work? -- 1. Establish a bank account or charge card account in the US with a very small amount of money in it. 2. Send the debit or charge card to the person you want to have access to the account. 3. Once you get word that the card arrived, then deposit more money into it. There would be a service charge for converting the withdrawal from dollars to euros, but I don't think it would be very much. I used a debit card in Slovak ATMs the last time I was in Slovakia and it worked really well. Comments?
      Dennis