Re: Sending money to Slovakia

  • Bud N
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 20, 2011
      You can use Paypal for person-person transfers if both people have a paypal account.

      Jim

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <amiak27@...> wrote:

      > I just took a big gamble and won. I placed an envelope of cash inside an International Express envelope and sent it USPS for $30.00. I was able to track it on line and tell the recipient when reached Slovak customs, when they first attempted delivery, and suggested they waste no time in getting to the post office. They picked it up with no difficulty.
      >
      > Not recommended for the faint of heart.
      >
      > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "nsspiker2001" <nsspiker@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Can someone tell me the best way to send money to someone in Slovakia. This was discussed several years ago but I've forgotten how it was done.
      > > Thank you

    • dragansk
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 20, 2011
        As I recall, the idea we discussed a year or so again centered around using a debit or charge card. I hadn't tried the idea, but was hoping to do so some time. Would this work? -- 1. Establish a bank account or charge card account in the US with a very small amount of money in it. 2. Send the debit or charge card to the person you want to have access to the account. 3. Once you get word that the card arrived, then deposit more money into it. There would be a service charge for converting the withdrawal from dollars to euros, but I don't think it would be very much. I used a debit card in Slovak ATMs the last time I was in Slovakia and it worked really well. Comments?
        Dennis