Re: Cleveland Slovak Festival

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2011
      As a former Clevelander, I am amazed that that city (with grid streets on the east side and spaghetti streets on the west side) form such a terrible barrier for the residents! I imagine crossing the ocean for our ancestors struck less terror into their hearts than crossing that crooked Burning River does for the locals!

      Ron
      who emigrated from there decades ago ... ;- )

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Eve Smith" <esmith93580@...> wrote:

      > Dakujem! I hope to be there, not too far, although I am east of Cleveland and this is west of Cleveland.

    • Mader, Michelle A. (GRC-CHC0)
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2011
        As a current Clevelander, you have it backward. The grid streets are on the west side and the spaghetti streets on the east side :)

        Michelle Maco Mader
        Cleveland, Ohio USA

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2011
          ... no wonder I always got lost! ....