Cleveland Slovak Festival

  • Eve Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 30, 2011
      Dakujem! I hope to be there, not too far, although I am east of Cleveland and this is west of Cleveland.

    • Ron
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2011
        As a former Clevelander, I am amazed that that city (with grid streets on the east side and spaghetti streets on the west side) form such a terrible barrier for the residents! I imagine crossing the ocean for our ancestors struck less terror into their hearts than crossing that crooked Burning River does for the locals!

        Ron
        who emigrated from there decades ago ... ;- )

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Eve Smith" <esmith93580@...> wrote:

        > Dakujem! I hope to be there, not too far, although I am east of Cleveland and this is west of Cleveland.

      • Mader, Michelle A. (GRC-CHC0)
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2011
          As a current Clevelander, you have it backward. The grid streets are on the west side and the spaghetti streets on the east side :)

          Michelle Maco Mader
          Cleveland, Ohio USA

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 3, 2011
            ... no wonder I always got lost! ....