RE: [Slovak-World] Cleveland Slovak Festival?

  • Plichta
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2011
      Search Google for- Cleveland, "Labor Day" Slovak

      The Annual Slovak Festival will be held this Sunday, September 2, at St.
      Anthony of Padua Church in Parma, Ohio. The Festival will be held in the
      both the up and downstairs halls of the church. Since 1968, the Slovak
      Festival has been held on Labor Day weekend. Food, music, Lucina Dancing
      troupe and sale of cultural items will be the menu of the day. Admission Is
      $6.00. Hope to see you there to celebrate our heritage.

      frank

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2011
        Eve,

        It is an annual event held each year on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend from
        noon until about 8 PM. It has been held--for at least the past 15-20 years,
        at St. Anthony of Padua school--in their auditorium. The church is located
        at 6750 State Road, Parma, Ohio. The event always features dancers from
        Slovakia and performances of Slovak music.

        Here's one link I found advertising that the event will be held this year on
        September 4:

        http://www.krajane.org/en/us/calendar/?year=2011&month=9

        Jim Dubelko