Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Take the Halusky Survey!

  • Lubos Brieda
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 17, 2011
      Hi Kim, there is a big difference between what Slovak Americans consider halusky, and what halusky are in Slovakia. Halusky are not pasta noodles. Instead, they are little drops of dough cooked in water. The dough is most often made from flour consisting of roughly half shredded potatoes and half flour. Sometimes they are made from flour only, or they are made by mixing flour with ground liver. These two types are used in soups. The potato kind is strained and served with either bryndza (slovak feta) or sauerkraut mixed in, and it's eaten as main dish, often accompanied by kefir. You'll find the recipes on my site, if interested.

      -- Lubos Brieda --
      Scientific computing: www.particleincell.comSlovak recipes: www.slovakcooking.com