Re: Take the Halusky Survey!

  • dragansk
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 17, 2011
      Thank you, CB. Also, I posted a synopsis of the survey results back in June. This link should take you to that message:

      Dennis

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "CurtB" <curt67boc@...> wrote:

      > It is posted in the files section of Slovak World web site. Under 2011 Halusky survey.
      >
      > CB
      >
      > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Michelle Burke <mcmburke@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is Dennis going to post the results of the survey ... I was disappointed that it
      > > was closed!
      > >

      > > ________________________________

    • Kimberly Miller
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 17, 2011
        Hi From PA : ) My name is Kim. My mom always made Halusky with cabbage
        and regular egg noodles fried till crispy in loads of butter & black
        pepper. What's bryndzove halusky? I never had potato Halusky.

        <P><p><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" style="font-size:13.5px">_______________________________________________________________<BR>Care2 makes it easy for everyone to live a healthy, green lifestyle
        and impact the causes you care about most. Over 12 Million members!
        http://www.care2.com

        Feed a child by searching the web! Learn how http://www.care2.com/toolbar</font>

      • Lubos Brieda
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 17, 2011
          Hi Kim, there is a big difference between what Slovak Americans consider halusky, and what halusky are in Slovakia. Halusky are not pasta noodles. Instead, they are little drops of dough cooked in water. The dough is most often made from flour consisting of roughly half shredded potatoes and half flour. Sometimes they are made from flour only, or they are made by mixing flour with ground liver. These two types are used in soups. The potato kind is strained and served with either bryndza (slovak feta) or sauerkraut mixed in, and it's eaten as main dish, often accompanied by kefir. You'll find the recipes on my site, if interested.

          -- Lubos Brieda --
          Scientific computing: www.particleincell.comSlovak recipes: www.slovakcooking.com