Re: Gravestone translation

  • lcwynar
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2011
      Lubos,

      Thank you so much for the translation.

      Linda

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Lubos Brieda <lbrieda@...> wrote:

      > Tu odpočíva: here rests
      >
      > Andy a Mary Puškár: Andy and Mary Puskar
      >
      > Rodený Máj R(oku) 1876 Zom(rel) 24 Jan(uár) 1915: Born May of year 1876, died 24. January 1915
      >
      > Odpočívaj v pokoji: Rest in peace
      >
      > Daroval manžel: donated by husband (this could be wrong as it seems bit unusual)
      >

      > -- Lubos Brieda --
      > Scientific computing: www.particleincell.comSlovak recipes: www.slovakcooking.com

    • lcwynar
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 15, 2011
        Milan,

        My grandfather Michael Puskar was born in Horovce in 1898. His father was born in Secovce around 1871 but moved to Tusice as a child. My grandfather's mother, Maria Kolesar, was from Horovce.

        My grandmother's mother Susanna Andrej was from Banovce Nad Ondavou. Her father George Adam was from Trhoviste.

        Maybe Marion Puskar is a distant cousin!

        Thanks,

        Linda

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 15, 2011
          My relatives also hail from this part of the country.  Love being a fly on the wall watching this info expand.  Thank you to all who have contributed.