Re: [Slovak-World] Gravestone translation

  • Lubos Brieda
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 14, 2011
      Tu odpočíva: here rests

      Andy a Mary Puškár: Andy and Mary Puskar

      Rodený Máj R(oku) 1876 Zom(rel) 24 Jan(uár) 1915: Born May of year 1876, died 24. January 1915

      Odpočívaj v pokoji: Rest in peace

      Daroval manžel: donated by husband (this could be wrong as it seems bit unusual)

      -- Lubos Brieda --
      Scientific computing: www.particleincell.comSlovak recipes: www.slovakcooking.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 14, 2011
        Linda, I thought you would find it intresting that my cousin married a Mr. Marion Puskar in or around Humenne about 20yrs ago. So if you are looking for your ancestral village Humenne and its environs may be a good place to look.

        Milan

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 15, 2011
          Lubos,

          Thank you so much for the translation.

          Linda

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Lubos Brieda <lbrieda@...> wrote:

          > Tu odpočíva: here rests
          >
          > Andy a Mary Puškár: Andy and Mary Puskar
          >
          > Rodený Máj R(oku) 1876 Zom(rel) 24 Jan(uár) 1915: Born May of year 1876, died 24. January 1915
          >
          > Odpočívaj v pokoji: Rest in peace
          >
          > Daroval manžel: donated by husband (this could be wrong as it seems bit unusual)
          >

          > -- Lubos Brieda --
          > Scientific computing: www.particleincell.comSlovak recipes: www.slovakcooking.com

        • lcwynar
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 15, 2011
            Milan,

            My grandfather Michael Puskar was born in Horovce in 1898. His father was born in Secovce around 1871 but moved to Tusice as a child. My grandfather's mother, Maria Kolesar, was from Horovce.

            My grandmother's mother Susanna Andrej was from Banovce Nad Ondavou. Her father George Adam was from Trhoviste.

            Maybe Marion Puskar is a distant cousin!

            Thanks,

            Linda

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 15, 2011
              My relatives also hail from this part of the country.  Love being a fly on the wall watching this info expand.  Thank you to all who have contributed.