NCSML Construction Update

  • woolbull@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2011
      This site may be of some interest to you; the National Czech and Slovak Museum in Cedar Rapids was flooded nearly to the second floor a couple of years ago.This site allows you to watch them move 1200 tons of building over a few dozen feet and set on a new foundation. Enjoy.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2011
        The flood in Cedar Rapids was a real tragedy.

        I know Helene and several other Slovak-World members
        had done things at the museum.

        October 21, 1995 presidents Bill Clinton of the United
        States, Václav Havel of the Czech Republic and Michal
        Kovác of the Slovak Republic presided over the current
        building's dedication, underscoring the international
        significance of the event and the NCSML.

        Greg

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2011
          For anyone interested in the NCSML move and relocation in Cedar Rapids. Bill in tallahassee

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2011
            FYI Bill