down south

  • Lubos Brieda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2011
      Howdy folks,

      Quick somewhat off topic note. I just got back from a 9 day trip to Colombia. I went with my girlfriend to visit her family. Very nice country! We visited Bogota and Cartagena on the coast. Anyway, I had some amazing food down there. Here in America we sort of think that everyone south of the border eats beans and tacos, but that is definitely not the case. Colombian food is nothing like Mexican food, and is in many ways similar to Slovak, or at least French food. A lot of chicken with rice, or meat in creamy sauce. Dishes are served with vegetable garnish, just like the Slovak "obloha". Crepes are also very popular, both sweet blintzes (similar to palacinky) and meat a vegetable filled savory ones. On the flight back we were even served what was called goulash, except the beef was cooked with corn instead of peppers and paprika.

      -- Lubos Brieda --
      Scientific computing: www.particleincell.comSlovak recipes: www.slovakcooking.com