The Annual Killing of Morena

  • allanstevo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2011
      Hi. There's kind of a strange tradition during the spring in Slovakia that I thought a few in the group might take an interest in. A Slavic goddess, Morena, is marched around the town, burned, and then tossed into the nearest river. A strange site, but interesting nonetheless. Here's a link to my article on it on 52 Weeks in Slovakia in the event that you might want to learn more. http://www.52insk.com/2011/morena/

      Allan Stevo
      www.52inSk.com