RE: [Slovak-World] Pittsburgh Folk Fest

  • Inez Giles
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2011
      Joe, thanks for sharing the date. It's distressing to look at the Festival Home Page. Their "latest" photos are from 2007 and their audio links are dated 2008. One recent blog item dated May 15, 2011, announces free entry after 4:00 pm and reduced prices on food. Very sad. I hope things turn around for them. – Inez, who remembers when…

      Message 2 of 9 , May 10, 2012
        The Pittsburgh Folk Fest is coming up May 18 to 20. People in the area can check the schedule online at http://www.pghfolkfest.org/. The Slovaks are performing on Saturday.

        I see many ethnic groups that used to participate have dropped out; the festival may be dwindling away.

        Joe
        Message 3 of 9 , May 10, 2012
          Thanks, Joe.  If I had any money left, I would be on my way.

          Message 4 of 9 , May 5, 2014
            The Pittsburgh Folk Fest has fallen on hard times. This year it'll be held for one evening only, instead of a full weekend. It's this Friday, May 9, at the Monroeville Convention Center in Monroeville PA, from 4 to 10 pm. The Slovaks are performing at 5:30pm. Tickets are $5 at the door, plenty of free parking.

            http://www.pghfolkfest.org/

            Joe
          • Marycay Doolitttle
            Message 5 of 9 , May 5, 2014
              Are there any festivals near Albany, NY?

              Marycay Doolittle