GGP MARRIAGE RECORD

  • PeggyL
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28 9:57 PM
      Curt:
      Thank you so much for taking an interest in my post. Wow, was I ever off. I do not have a clue as to what follows May. It looks like "die 3" before the word May, so May 3rd is the day. I must say, I am going crosseyed trying to make out what is written after May. It really doesn't look like numbers. I can only assume they had a civil ceremony the previous year, and that would make the date 05/03/1867. The only way to be sure is to see the license itself and he does provide the license number. It is truly amazing how he could write all of the other numbers pretty clearly and just be so careless with that date.

      Do you know if the Civil records are online or filmed? If not, do you know where I can write to get a copy of that record. I know they can't actually copy it from the book on a copier but to transcribe it on paper?

      You have been very kind to help and I really appreciate it.

      Peggy