Graduation Parades Through Town and Photos of Tablos

  • allanstevo
    Message 1 of 9 , May 19 9:53 AM
      This time of year in Bratislava students run around and make quite a ruckus as they collect money from passersby so they can go out for one last party together before graduation.

      This one took quite a bit of effort to write and to compile all the photos.

      If writing on this topic (or just some photos of them and their "tablos") might be of interest to you, I welcome you to take a look at this - http://www.52insk.com/2011/graduation-parades/ And I ask that you help me by pointing out any spots where I might have gone astray.

      Thank you.

      Allan
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 9 , May 19 3:27 PM
        Allen,

        Thanks for the info. It reminded me of the first time I went to Slovakia in
        1871 with my Mother. she saw a group of young people in Bratislava and
        commented, "Look at those kids, they look just like ours". My sister replied,
        "what did you expect, 2 heads"? :o)

        S Panem Bohom,

        Vilko

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , May 21 8:44 PM
          A good friend is learning to play a Heligonka, (button accordion), and asked if
          I could find the words to a song he remembers hearing. The "first words", as he
          remembers, were Ferenc Joska pismo pisal, Ferenc Joska.....

          I have searched my books and googled but cannot find the words. Does anyone
          know the text of this song?

          I appreciate your attention.

          Z Bohom,

          Vilo

        • dragansk
          Message 4 of 9 , May 26 8:39 AM
            I have this little book from Slovakia called "Slovenske L'udove Piesne," and did not find this song in it.

            This actually brings me to a question I have about our discussion group. I looked around, but did not find anything about selling Slovak items on the list. I was thinking of selling this little book of 150 Slovak song lyrics, but don't know if it's permitted here. Can someone tell me?

            Thanks
            Dennis

            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@...> wrote:

            > A good friend is learning to play a Heligonka, (button accordion), and asked if
            > I could find the words to a song he remembers hearing. The "first words", as he
            > remembers, were Ferenc Joska pismo pisal, Ferenc Joska.....
            >

            > I have searched my books and googled but cannot find the words. Does anyone
            > know the text of this song?
            >
            > I appreciate your attention.
            >
            > Z Bohom,
            >
            > Vilo

          • Vladimir Linder
            Message 5 of 9 , May 26 9:15 AM
              This song was sung by VILLIAM GREGA at Vychodna festival several years ago.

              Vladi

              At 08:39 AM 5/26/2011, you wrote:

              >I have this little book from Slovakia called
              >"Slovenske L'udove Piesne," and did not find this song in it.
              >
              >This actually brings me to a question I have
              >about our discussion group. I looked around, but
              >did not find anything about selling Slovak items
              >on the list. I was thinking of selling this
              >little book of 150 Slovak song lyrics, but don't
              >know if it's permitted here. Can someone tell me?
              >
              >Thanks
              >Dennis
              >
              >--- In
              ><mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com,
              >"William C. Wormuth" <senzus@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > A good friend is learning to play a
              > Heligonka, (button accordion), and asked if
              > > I could find the words to a song he remembers
              > hearing. The "first words", as he
              > > remembers, were Ferenc Joska pismo pisal, Ferenc Joska.....
              > >

              > > I have searched my books and googled but
              > cannot find the words. Does anyone
              > > know the text of this song?
              > >
              > > I appreciate your attention.
              > >
              > > Z Bohom,
              > >
              > > Vilo

            • William C. Wormuth
              Message 6 of 9 , May 26 9:16 AM
                Dennis,

                Thanks for researching.

                Z Bohom,

                Vilo

                ________________________________
                I have this little book from Slovakia called "Slovenske L'udove Piesne," and did
                not find this song in it.

                This actually brings me to a question I have about our discussion group. I
                looked around, but did not find anything about selling Slovak items on the list.
                I was thinking of selling this little book of 150 Slovak song lyrics, but don't
                know if it's permitted here. Can someone tell me?

                Thanks
                Dennis

                --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@...> wrote:

                > A good friend is learning to play a Heligonka, (button accordion), and asked if
                >
                > I could find the words to a song he remembers hearing. The "first words", as
                >he
                >
                > remembers, were Ferenc Joska pismo pisal, Ferenc Joska.....
                >

                > I have searched my books and googled but cannot find the words. Does anyone
                > know the text of this song?
                >
                > I appreciate your attention.
                >
                > Z Bohom,
                >
                > Vilo

              • Ben Sorensen
                Message 7 of 9 , May 26 5:33 PM
                  I may be buying...
                  Benisko

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 1, 2011
                    I think it is permissible.  If Ben doesn't want it, I may take it.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 2, 2011
                      They got me in Presov.  No matter what I gave, I'm sure itwouldn't have been enough.  She pouted.