Re: [Slovak-World] Faith Pride

    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2011
      Diana:

      While certainly not more beautiful [since that is subjective], my favorite candidate w/b the Cathedral of St Elizabeth.  It is behind me about 1/4 mile right now as I type.

      http://www.panorama.sk/225/books/cathedral-of-st-elizabeth-kosice
      http://sk.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%BAbor:Kosice_-_St._Elisabeth_Cathedral_1.JPG

      The windows of St Elizabeth are seen @ the end of the Slovakia travelogue sent previously, but posted here again so you don't have to search:
      http://www.slovak-republic.org/video/
      [Select new video about Slovakia]

      But I think some that are far more intimate are the smaller wooden churches that have been mentioned here before.

      http://sk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreven%C3%A9_kostoly_v_slovenskej_%C4%8Dasti_Karp%C3%A1t

      How do you define ''beauty?"'

      I have not been to Hungary, but Vienna would give Westminster Abbey a run for the money as far as majestic goes.

      Chuck
      [Currently in Kosice watching Bratislava game on big screen downtown]