Hockey in Slovakia: Life Is a Game

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2011
      Slovakia is in the grip:

      <http://tinyurl.com/3mdoggc>

      ... of the 2011 International Ice Hockey Federation World Championship. Here's the news stream:

      <http://tinyurl.com/44x4kax>

      And here's Slovakia's official 2011 IIHF World Championship Anthem, "Life Is a Game":

      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TTw2PRobPI>

      ... by 24-year-old Kristina Pelakova from Svidnik, East Slovakia.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2011
        Martin:

        I was seated behind two young girls who were big fans of Stastny.  He got a late penalty & was sent to the box across from the ice from us.  All I could hear for about two minutes was these two young girls waving their American flags (they were Slovak) and calling his name.  I thought I was back in the 60s @ a Beatles concert on Miami Beach that started the US British Invasion.  Very amusing.

        The Sweden vs Norway was a better game, however.  A passing [hopefully] thunderstorm in Zentrum Kosice right now.  SK vs D next, I think.

        Chuck

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2011
          They also play this before face off.  She is stunning.