Re: [Slovak-World] Pennsy Coal Mine Accident Register

  • Marycay Doolittle
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2011
      Thank you for this information. I was able to look up my uncle Joe who died at age 21 in a mining accident, plus fathers of friends who had died in the mines. There was a breaker across the street from where I lived and abandoned railroad tracks & cars that I played on/in as a kid when the mine/breaker was no longer operating. That's when strip mining entered the picture and the nearby fields were destroyed. Those crater were later filled and replaced with a large housing development.

      Marycay