Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Dialects

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 20, 2011
      Thanks Martin for clarifying the "hej"-

      I guess i remember heating it rarely in western Slovakia but all the time in
      eastern Slovakia

      i agree with Jenna - find it utterly charming.

      another word I heard more in the east is "s~umne"

      Then around Trnava - "hen to" and what sounded like Zetzi for deti.

      i am intrigued with the dialects in Slovakia that varied so much.

      In places like Lendak and the villages up over Levoca locals would make the
      effort to speak to me in Slovak as the dialect was daunting.

      Llikely all is getting homogenized now.

      helene