Slovak military - Emir Tokoly

  • An American Hare
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2011
      does anyone have info on this or a direction to look??
      Specifically the battle of Tokoly or his decisive defeat in approx 1710?

      LLeporis
    • Ron
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2011
        I checked a chronicle I have for a few years before and after, and the only Tokoly (with umlauts / double dots over the o) reference I came across was:

        In Nikodemia, Turkey, Imre Graf von Thokoly , prince of Upperhungary and Transylvania died 13.IX.1705

        I don't have it directly in mind which month IX refers to, they had some variation from our convention today.

        Ron

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2011
          Keep us posted on what you find!